Tuesday 19 April 2005

Can I see the end?!

Hi everyone, just thought I’d give you all an update on how my work is going as that is all I seem to be doing at the moment! Well, I’ve finished my first and second chapters of my dissertation which is studying the portrayal of Christ in Children’s Bibles. My first chapter, which is pretty much ready to hand in, it is looking at the image of Christ in a range of Bibles which I have accumulated, published over the past 100 years (thank you to everyone who has helped me find these Bibles!). The second chapter has a little more to do to bring it up to standard but I have been studying the character of Christ within these same Bibles, particularly looking at the emotions of Jesus and other such exciting things! The final chapter is now underway and I hope to have finished a rough draft by Friday, ready to enjoy our weekend away in Watford to celebrate Paul’s dad’s 60th birthday!

 

Other events in my life include interviewing nannies last week to replace me at the Heaths (the family I have worked for, for the past 2 years) which was a little bit scary really as I hate making important decisions, but in the end it was easy and I hope this girl enjoys working for the family as much as I have. Our visas have also been on our minds and we would ask everyone to pray that our police checks return to us very soon so that we can actually apply for the visas we need. There is a huge risk that we might not even get them before we fly so some serious prayer is needed! And for those who are praying, I’d like to add a few more requests whilst I’m at it! We need to sell our car for a really great price, also our sofas and other bits and bobs, so please, please pray and ask around for us!

 

Only seven weeks to go now and we’ll be in New Zealand!!!  

0 Comments: