Tuesday 15 May 2007

Coffee Group

I love being a mother because I spend a lot of my mornings going to various coffee groups! Its such a great place to be with other mums where we can take and share advice as wells as talk about our babies nonstop!

Since moving to New Zealand I have found it hard to make friends outside of the church because I had nowhere to meet them. Apart from a couple of nanny friends i've made over the past 2 years my friendships consist of only church people-don't get me wrong, i really, really love my friends-yet i find it suffocating and boring to only be around those who think in simular ways to me.

Thats why i love my coffee groups- its somewhere where i can be challenged, engaged with the 'real' world and make a difference. I don't suggest i have the answers and others don't, its just that i hope the way i live and love, will challenge my friends in a simular way they challenge me.

Gracie is below with her friends from our anti-natal group.

4 Comments:

Emma Andrews said...

So cute! Loving the blog updates and LOVED catching up last night! looking forward to next monday! Lots of love, Ems.x

The Cornells said...

Great picture Laura! I am totally with you about meeting with non-Christian mums!!! I hope you make some really deep friendships with the women you meet with - bless ya!

Anonymous said...

Absolutley gorgeous picture - well done Laura for posting on here.
So much love
Chezzoir
xxxx

The Staniforths said...

What a lovely picture glad you're finding ways to meet new people and get out into the world!! You go girl

Love ya

Becca