Friday 10 November 2006

Baby 'man' brain

Well.... I've heard that expectant mothers get baby brain during pregnancy, and forget stuff the whole time, but i'm wondering if fathers get it too? Now I know there is probably no scientific evidence to prove this, but i think we may; let me give you an example.

This afternoon we've been out for a fantastic afternoon with Mike & Sally - we popped into Newmarket at about 1pm to pick up a few bits and bobs before picking them up from the airport at 3pm. We picked them up, checked them into their hotel 'The Quadrant' which looks lovely. We then went down to the Viaduct, and then on to Mission Bay.

We finally arrived back to find our front door wide open - I have to say my heart sank as I prepared myself to find our computer gone, and all our other posessions gone. The strange thing though was that everything was exactly as I had left it 7 hours earlier. It was then that I realised that I had just gone out and left the front door wide open for anyone to walk in.

Praise God nothing got stolen - that could have been a tragedy!

2 Comments:

Emma Andrews said...

Oh my word Paul! Ditsy as ever! So glad that you have had fun with Mike and Sally! We'd really love to catch up v soon......perhaps this eve?
Lots of love to you all! Hugs, Ems.xx

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Paul but you do not get to share in the hormone crazed brain cell depletion excuse unless you are prepared to share some of the dilation experience!!

love from a totally unhormone crazed sister in law - NOT!

P.S. Just got your email with photos of my heavily pregnant sister and I think that it is mightily considerate of me to be carrying some of her share of weight as well as all of my own!!