Thursday 22 January 2009

Kangaroo Care with Daddy

Today was my first opportunity to hold Phoebe, and Laura was armed and ready with the camera to take some photos. I spent about an hour holding Phoebe against my chest in what they call 'Kangaroo Care'; It is supposedly very beneficial for premature baby's to receive this kind of contact with it's parents although I've not actually read up on why! I'll just have to take the doctors word for it at this stage. Phoebe appeared to be really relaxed throughout the entire hold, with her breathing, O2 saturations & heart rate remaining stable the whole time.

Phoebe really does seem to be doing well; We're still taking each day as it comes but she's obviously a fighter as so many have said... Hope to give you some more medical blurb soon!
Phoebe wrapped up before her Kangaroo Care
Some 'QT' with daddy!
3/4 of the family... Laura holding Phoebe's evening meal!




0 Comments: