Tuesday 24 February 2009

Pheobe's moved!!!

Once again prayers have been answered! Phoebe was transfered this evening to Abbotsford Regional Hospital which is about 25 minutes away from us here in Langley (even closer once we move into our new house). Although we asked you to pray that she would be moved to Surrey, we had originally requested that she be moved to Abbotsford but were told that she wouldn't be well enough to transfer there.

So this is really fantastic that A. she got into our original choice, and B. that she is well enough to be accepted there. She is thriving, and seeing her this evening off her CPAP was so encouraging. She is really chuffing up and will be weighing 4lbs very soon hopefully.

The hospital is brand new (opened in August 08) so everything is state of the art and the facilities are phenomenal; We're so happy that Phoebe will spend the next 6-8 weeks here as it's such a lovely place to visit. The NICU is far more intimate with a maximum of 10 babies (as apposed to the 40+ so at BC Women's). We'll miss our friendly nurse Alyshia though from BC Women's - she was so great with Phoebe.

This afternoon there was the most stunning rainbow over Langley that reminded us once again of the Hope we have in God; When we first found out that Laura was pregnant with Phoebe I felt God speaking to me about Hope, and that our unborn child would be a sign of God's hope for us (at the time we were really in a tough place - homeless & unemployed). We always knew that if we had a baby girl her middle name would be hope.

Today has been significant for us; God reminding us of his promise, and the covenant I felt he made with me back in the summer in the UK that he would bring us hope.

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind...Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9: 12-16

The rainbow behind our house this evening...

7 Comments:

Helen said...

That's so fantastic, great news!!!! x

Anonymous said...

So good to have a chat with you this morning - such wonderful news that Phoebe is just 25mins away (will seem like round the corner!) and that she is doing so well. She is looking soooo chuffy in the pics - it's amazing!
Loads of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Emma Andrews said...

Praise the Lord, that is wonderful news! So encourage by your post too, bless you guys, you are amazing! I can't believe how much Phoebe has changed in the last 6 weeks, she has grown so much and is so gorgeous. God is good. Sending lots and lots of love, Ems.x

Becs said...

Praise the Lord! That is such wonderful news!! She is looking SO cute in those little outfits! You guys are amazing!! Keeping on praying for you xxxxx

Thomas said...

Great news about Pheobe! I am filled with love for that little girl and for the whole family! We are still praying....the biggest loser thing was also pretty funny! But I have a feeling that the reward once she get big will be much more valuable than 1,000,000 dollars! PRAISE GOD!!!

Cheeky Chums 4 Premature Babies said...

as all babies are a blessing from God you have a very special daughter indeed. She looks like she will get the utmost care at the state of the art hospital, my prayers go out to you all as a family God bless Sheila from Cheeky Chums the premature baby store
www.cheekychumsonline.co.uk

Anonymous said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a HOPE and a future." Then you will call upon me and and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you." declares the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Thanks Paul and Laura for the reminder that the Lord does hold us all in His loving and wonderful arms. It was a great encouragement to me to see how much progress Phoebe has made recently. To God be the glory!! xo