Sunday 15 February 2009

The weekend...

We have had a lovely weekend together, playing football and basketball on the drive, going for walks and playing in the park. We also picked up the keys to our new home which is very exciting! We're hoping our shipping will arrive soon!

I (Laura) went to the hospital last night and had one of the best visits yet. I haven't held Phoebe in over a week because the doctors believed she had an infection and my visits were always timed badly (they don't like her to be handled that much). So when I arrived last night to be asked by the nurse if I would like a cuddle a jumped at the chance. 

Phoebe has now wearing clothes as they are starting to adjust her incubator to room temperature which is another brilliant milestone. She has grown so much but is still too small to wear premature clothing and is in micro-premmie clothes, but I don't think she'll be in them for long as she now weighs 1395 grams and appears to be gaining a good amount every day. Because she is now wearing clothes I didn't hold her kangaroo style (skin to skin) as I have so far, but held like a 'normal' baby which felt wonderful and far more natural. This was also the first time I've held her without CPAP, so i was able to gaze lovingly at her for over an hour! She even opened her eyes and had a good look at me for a while as well.  Here are a few photos from the weekend...
Gracie looking cute in her new top!
Phoebe with her eyes open
Holding Phoebe like a 'normal' baby

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura those pictures are wonderful.
Much love, blessings, prayers from the Mitchell household to all 4 of you.

Love
Ian & Wen
xxx

Emma Andrews said...

So gorgeous! She really is cute! love the hair too Laura, very funky! Lots of love, Ems.xxx

Anonymous said...

How wonderful - little precious Phoebe is doing so well. Gracie just looks gorgeous in her new top and Laura your hair looks fab!
Can't wait to see you all!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

hi paul/laura
I am have been checking out your blog with interest. Us premie mothers are bonded together! Phoebe is doing so well - it is amazing for a 26 weeker. The home straight will be inside soon. All the best Sacha
ps - I found a premie playgroup good value - slightly nutty women but still fun and nice
love
sacha